Has the handsome guy you adored for weeks finally asked you out but you are flustered over what to wear? Or are you going on your first date and want to dress to make a lasting impression? Well, there is a lot of apprehension on the first date and it is natural that you are stressed. It is very important to dress right on your first date as it can make or break your chances for a further date.
First dates can whack your nerves, but don’t worry! Stay confident, stop making up scenarios in your head and avoid few mistakes in dressing. Here are few tips on how to dress for your first date –
- No matter how casual the date or your meeting may be, dress fresh. Avoid wearing the jeans and a t-shirt you would wear on a shopping spree or a friends’ night out. When you want to impress a person, make sure you put an effort in your dressing and stay assured your efforts will be instantly noticed. Opt for an attire that keeps you comfortable but does not look casual.
- Put a thought behind what you will wear and choose clothes that fit well. Do not wear too tight or revealing clothes as it will give the wrong impression. Similarly, even if you are curvy, avoid baggy and loose clothes. Remember, your clothes make you presentable and go a long way in keeping up your confidence.
- The venue of your date also influences what you choose to wear. So, if possible, ask your date on where you are going. If you are going for a picnic or a coffee, you can opt for a simple look with a jacket on top. If you are going for a dinner, opt for a black dress and little piece of jewellery. Your choice of footwear will also depend on the venue. From high heels for a dinner to flip-flops for a picnic, opt for footwear that complements your attire.
- Is there any outfit or color that has received you numerous compliments? Well, that should easily be your choice for the first date. Avoid experimenting with color or styles on your first date. Pick one that shows off your best assets and brings out the best in you.
- Don’t overdress for your first date as you do not want to appear overwhelming. But make sure you add a touch of uniqueness to your outfit. You can easily add uniqueness to your attire with accessories like scarf, jewellery and more. It will make you give an edge to your look.
From a turtleneck t-shirt with a neck piece to a wraparound skirt with sandals, no matter what you choose just balance your look. Your captivating style and elegance will surely blow your date away!