The skin is the most sensitive part of your body. You often see white patches appearing on your skin. This type of patches tends to be embarrassing and it even kills your self-confidence. In terms of medical, the white patches on your skin are referred as Vitiligo. Any part of your body including your hands, arms, legs, feet, areas around your eyes and mouth is vulnerable to these patches. They mainly occur due to overexposure to sun rays, excessive stress, vitamin B12 deficiency or simply genetic predisposition. It is an autoimmune disorder when the immune system itself attacks the melanin-producing cells of your body. But you can easily get rid of white patches on skin naturally. The top 10 home remedies are listed below:
1. Coconut oil
The anti-fungal and antibacterial characteristics of coconut oil help in the re-pigmentation of your skin. It also heals chronic inflammation and soothes the skin. Apply the extra-virgin coconut oil two to three times a day on the white patches. Continue to apply at least for a few weeks.
2. Babchi or Psoralea Cory Li folia
This effective Ayurvedic remedy helps to cure hypo-pigmentation. It even treats psoriasis. Apply the babchi oil directly on the affected area and leave it exposed to sunlight for 15 minutes.
Another option is to take some babchi seeds and soak them in ginger juice for three days. Keep changing the juice regularly for three days. After removing the husks, dry them in the sun. Make a fine powder of it by grinding. For 40 days consume one gram of the powder with a glass of milk. The active components of babchi help in the reduction of the white patches on skin.
It helps in the formation of melanin. Start storing your water in a copper pot. Let it sit overnight because by doing so the molecules of water combine with the copper ions and this promotes the synthesis of melanin. Every morning, when your stomach is empty, drink this water.
Ginger acts as a natural remedy for white patches. The blood circulation is improved.
- Cut a slice of ginger and apply it directly on the affected area. For improvement apply it two to three times a day for a few weeks.
- Grind a large ginger root along with fresh mint leaves. Drink the extracted juice on a regular basis.
5. Apple cider vinegar
It successfully destroys the fungi which are the reason behind the white patches on skin.
- Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with one glass of water. Drink it daily before every meal.
- You can also apply the mixture directly on the white patched area. Do it twice a day on a regular basis for about a month.
6. Red clay
Having the high clay content, it restores the skin pigments. Make a paste by mixing equal amount of red clay and ginger juice. Apply the paste all over the affected area. After it gets completely dried, rinse it with water. Continue this process for a few months.
7. Ginkgo biloba
The antioxidant property of Ginkgo Biloba helps to reduce the white patches. It slowly reduces the progression of the disease and promotes the induction of re-pigmentation. Consume 40 to 80 mg of it three times a day and get rid of white patches. But before that, always try to consult your doctor for the proper dosage of Ginkgo Biloba.
8. Radish seeds
The Ayurvedic remedy helps to cure white patches on your skin. Make a fine powder by grinding 25 grams of radish seeds. Mix the powder with two tablespoons of vinegar and then you get a thick paste out of it. Apply the paste directly on the affected area and keep it for 30 minutes. Gently rinse it off with lukewarm water. Continue this process for a few months.
9. Essential oils for the treatment of white patches
- Bergamot essential oil: Add few drops of the oil to your regular moisturizer. Apply twice in a day on the affected area.
- Tea tree oil: Take one tablespoon of carrier oil and then add few drops of tea tree oil to it. Use a cotton ball to apply on the affected area.
- Black pepper essential oil: Mix few drops of black pepper essential oil and one tablespoon of carrier oil thoroughly. Apply the mixture on the white spot area of your skin.
- Frankincense essential oil: Massage the affected area with a mixture of one tablespoon of carrier oil and a few drops of frankincense essential oil. Do not rinse it away. Leave it on your skin so that it gets absorbed completely within the skin cells.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has the healing property. The nutrients contained in it acts as a moisturizer for the skin and effectively remove the white patches. Cut open the leaf. Extract all the gel present inside it. Now apply the gel directly on the affected area and leave it for a few hours. It keeps the skin hydrated.
The treatment for this ailment is quite expensive and painful. So try out the natural home remedy methods to get rid of the white patches on skin effectively and efficiently.